søndag 23. oktober 2016

Lesson task 3 a/b

We was given a assignment to do task 3 a og b. I chose to a) which included pretending to be Edwin Canilang and write a letter home where i talk about what happened to you when you got to Canada. Edwin was a victim to human trafficking along with four other Filipino men. He was said that he would be given a job that involved welding and plumbing. 
Dear Family,I miss you guys so much, and I can’t wait to come home to my beautiful family. Traveling all the way to Canada was one big mistake. Please don’t get to concerned about what I’m about to tell you. I´m all okay now, and this is all taken care off. I don’t know if you have heard about the term human trafficking, if not it´s a way to exploit people and take advantage of people. In this case, they used lies to attract me and the other guys. As you know they told me I would work with plumbing or welding and i was also promised good wages and a steady job.  Anyway I knew something was off from the moment I stepped out of the plane and my boss asked me for my passport.  He took it away from me and he never gave it back. I was taken in a car and driven off to a destination which I thought was my job. Sadly, I never got to work with plumbing or welding. Instead I had to pick up garbage and other work that wasn’t what I was told that I would be doing. We were forced to live in a basement in Toronto with eight other men.  Then later we were driven away to a new place we had to live - a filthy, abandoned farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. This was so wrong on many levels, and one day one of the boys managed to escape and contact the embassy and now we are in the Philippine embassy and ready to go home. It so sad to know that other people go through the same and that we were the lucky ones because we got to escape and knowing some people never will be able to escape without being killed is so sad.  As is said i am all alright and soon on my way home. I will see you guys in some days, kiss the kids from me and I love you.Yours truly,Edwin Can



1 kommentar: