tirsdag 7. februar 2017

First impression - The Reluctant Fundamentalist

Last week i started reading " the reluctant Fundamentalist" by Mohsin Hamid.  The book is about a man in Lahore, Pakistan, who one night stops at a café and invites a stranger to sit with him. As the night goes the man named Changez tells the american about his life and how his four years and so in America was.  As you continue reading you will learn a lot more about Changez´s life in America including his love life.

Link
I chose to read this book because I thought that i may be influenced by the book on a different level, than the books i usually read. The plot in this book, made me want to read it even more, because it had all the things i look for in a good book.  The author has written about love and current world problems. I like to read a book that is relevant to my life, or not my life, but the life of other real human beings. Although the other books are also very relevant, this book stood out to me.


My first impression of this book, after reading the first chapter, is that the author has a very formal way of writing.  The main character is a very open man, and maybe that is an reflection of how the author is in real life.  He wasn't afraid to approach a stanger and to just start to tell about his life story.  Changez, the main character, said something on the first page that goes like this " Ah, i see i have alarmed you.Do not be frightened by my beard : I am a lover of America. "  Which  gave me the impression that later in the movie he will have some problems with the fact that he is from Pakistan. I´m looking forward to continuing reading this book and discussing it with fellow students who are reading the same book.

1 kommentar: